Sunday 18 April 2010

Lattice transformation - Free form deformation (FFD)

I watched the video on Lattice Transformation in Blender and after a fairly long search I found out it can be done in 3DS Max, but it's called Free Form Deformation or FFD. I also found this nice tutorial that showed me how to do it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBIEPNaIlHg
So I then tried to do it myself. I spent a while fiddling about with random shapes and deformations and decided I was ready to make a proper animation.
I tried to make it as different as I could from Marie's video as she said to do that, but it didn't end up all that different. I did get to deform a few different shapes, and here is the finished render:



I came up with a simple idea of some random objects falling into some kind of automatic crushing squisher, kind of like a playdough squishing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment