Sunday 11 October 2009

Course 2 – Mesh and vertex editing II

Week 2 - Not much to say here. The tutorial explains how to make a pill using just the UVSphere and the steps I felt were pretty self explanatory, I didnt really have any problems as long as I stuck to the instructions.
I did discover one thing though, when I came to saving it. I said in my last blog that to save you can use Ctrl+S as well as Ctrl+W and they both do the same thing. When I tried to save using Ctrl+S however, it thought I wanted to shear the selected face. So, I guess I will be using Ctrl+W to save from now on.
Anyway, here is my finished pill:

The challenge to make the salt shaker though, I found a bit more tricky. I found out that I can't do anything the tutorial hasn't told me to do. I wanted to squash the sphere on the top so it was more oval shaped that round. How you do this though, I have no idea. I tried pressing some buttons that I thought it might have been but ended up completely distorting the whole thing and had to start again. I guess thats one thing about Blender that is different from Maya (which I have also been learning), there's no obvious button to press for everything you might want to do.
So I just did the simple bit, extruded half the sphere, resized it, deleted the half-sphere that I didn't want and then filled the space.
Here is my finished salt shaker:

No comments:

Post a Comment